Monday, January 16, 2012

Puppies, snow and best friends!!!!!!

I had the best weekend ever this weekend!! Leon and I rode up with my brother and his wife to Washington, my sister in law has family in the same town that my best friend lives in!!!! My brother dropped us off at my friends house, then they were going to pick us up Sunday afternoon, to head home. On Saturday, my friend Kristine, her FIANCE Robert, Leon and I went up to Lake Cushman, on the way up it started snowing!!! First snow all year! :) My grandparents had a house up in the hills looking out on to Lake Cushman, that we called "The Lake House" that was, and still is probably my most favorite place in the whole world, even though they sold the house when I was probably 8 or 9. I loved that house so much!!! Anyways, we drove past it and up to the driveway, but there were 2 cars in the drive way, so we just looked from the driveway. The house is still the same! Same color tan with brown trim, the Lake House sign is no longer hanging above the garage, but everything else looks the same!


This picture shows the house, and the shed  (both have not changed!) where the hay bales, and bows and arrows were stored...I miss this place!!!!

After we saw the Lake House, we kept driving up around lake Cushman, and walked out over a bridge over the lake, and on the way to the bridge, we saw a TON of Elk doo doo, I mean A LOT of it!!!! It was pretty fresh too. When we were out on the bridge (which was FREEEEEEZING cold, and a very strong wind was blowing!!!) we were taking pictures and then one of the guys (I don't remember which one) yelled "ELK!!" we all thought he was joking, then we all saw them, lots of them, like 30!! The guys saw 4 bulls, and like 25-30 cows!!! I have never seen elk in real life, it was soo amazing!!
 This is Leon, Kristine, and Robert, on the way to the bridge
 This is the very very low Lake Cushman
 Little did we know there were lots of elk in the grass to the left of the picture
 Kristine and I

 Don't know if you can see this, but the elk are in the middle of the picture, right where the horizon line between the grass and the trees are

 My Hubby and I (it was soooo FREEEEEZING on the bridge!!!!!)
 Kristine and her hubby to be Robert

 The next few pictures are of elk, see if you can spot them!!


 On the way back from lake Cushman, we all stopped at the place where Kristine is thinking of getting married, and this is them being goof balls in the driveway, in the snow :)

 Geese in the snow
 View from balcony, when we arrived, and below is the same view about 20 minutes into our visit...
We all had such a great weekend, but I do believ I am correct when I say that Kristine and I enjoyed it the most going over wedding plans ;) I hadn't been up to her place in 2 years, and we haven't seen each other since my wedding, it was time for a visit :) We left a winter wonderland up in Washington, only to come home to another winter wonderland, and my new puppies!!!!!

Like I said in an earlier post, my Blue Heeler, Duke got the neighbor man's dog prego. We were planning on getting the 2 puppies (1 for me, and I'm raising 1 for my sister in law who lives in Idaho) However I convinced my hubby to get them Sunday night when we got back, I just couldn't wait any longer!!!! My puppy is the grey one, named Moose, and my sister in law's is the black one, named Brisko! I will post more pictures of them eventually, but right now I want to play with them instead of just take pictures of them :)

Here are some snowy views from around our house this morning!









2 comments:

  1. It's crazy to me that 20 years later the house looks exactly the same. If I ever won the lottery, I think I might have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if I don't buy it first!!!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete