Monday, November 28, 2011

Buying gifts with his money????

So this is a kind of different blog for me, I'm just thinking out loud and trying to get some feed back that helps me convince myself I can buy stuff for him with his money....


Is there anyone else out there who struggles with buying gifts for their husband or spouse using their money???? I cant seem to get over it! I don't really consider it a gift to him if I'm using the money he worked so hard to earn! I have a job that pays some, but that money goes towards some specific bills, so I can't really use MY money to buy him something. It's not like we have a money tree that I can go pick off of to buy him something, and say, "He didn't earn this, so I can use it" although that would be WAY COOL!!!! :) 


We do have an account that I use for mainly groceries, that he doesn't use, but it is still money he made, I just get to spend it.


 How do any of you feel about this?? Am I just weird and need to get over it, or is there some rationality to this?

3 comments:

  1. I have always felt a little weird about it too! Luckily, he loves it when I shop for him, even if it is his money, so it's not a big deal.:) It is always more fun to make something for him, or give him a gift of time/service like a coupon for a long back rub (he LOVES that!) or taking the time to plan an outing or date night. He loves not having to plan it every time. I know these aren't really gifts that you can wrap, but they still can be special. You could make your own "coupon book" and put it in his stocking with coupons for massages, favorite dinners, guy's night out, or other ideas. I've seen ones you can buy, but I'm sure it would be easy to make. In any case, he'll like what you get, because even if he is "paying" for it, you took the time and effort to get it, and put special thought into something he'd like and use. Whew, long comment!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys love to get gifts from their wives. We don't mind especially if it is something we really want but don't really think we could spend that money on ourselves and are not willing to sayunless that to sayme that to our wives. It all works out.....just wait till you are raising kids, then you are doing it constantly. But again it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice, and Shelly, thanks for the gift Ideas :)

    ReplyDelete