Monday, February 13, 2012

My wedding cookies

These cookies have to be the best cookies I have ever made, and they are easy!!Warning: They are VERY rich, but soo yummmy!! These cookies remind me of my bridal cake at my wedding, chocolate orange, maybe that's why I LOVE them so much. The technical name for these are chocolate orange ganache cookies. 
 The cookie part of the cookie is just a chocolate cake mix, with  2 eggs, and 1/3 cup oil. mix, roll into balls, then bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.
 The orange part of the cookies are an orange butter cream frosting. Mix 2-3 cups powdered sugar with 1 stick (1/2 cup) soft butter, then comes the magic of this cookie, the orange extract, add 1 1/2 tsp of it. You can also add some food coloring to make it orange in color.
 Frost the cookies when the cookies have cooled, then make the ganach, melt together 2 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, and 3/4 cup butter. I let the chocolate mixture cool just a tiny bit, so it stay on the cookie better.

 I like using a cookie/ ice cream scoop to pour the ganache on the cookies, then I use the back of the scoop to spread it on the cookies.
I made little tiny cookie, because I was taking them on the women's retreat for my church, and I thought it would make people feel less guilty about eating them if they were smaller ;) The recipe for the ganache made enough to do 2 batches. The left over can be stored in the fridge, then re melted when you want to use it again (Which will probably be soon after the last cookie from the first batch is gone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment