Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mini Lasagnas

Recently I have been spending some of my free time browsing Pinterest, mostly the foods, and craft sections, and while browsing I come across MANY recipes I want to try, like this mini lasagna! It really fun to make, and I think it is easier than making a full blown regular lasagna (and they are cute!) 
The recipe I kind of followed, used amounts that were JUST under what I would consider normal, like they said to use 12 oz of ground turkey, (I used beef) but the 12 oz?? I just used a whole pond of beef, also for the ricotta cheese it said to use 1 1/2 cups, but the whole container was almost 2 cups, so I just used the whole container. I also don't remember how many oz's of pizza sauce they said to use, because I don't buy pizza sauce, I used the stuff I made and canned this summer, so I just added what I thought looked like the right consistency for lasagna. which was almost a whole pint.

 So, begin by frying up your burger, and half of an onion. Drain when it's all brown, then add almost a whole pint of pizza/ spaghetti sauce, salt, pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp basil, and 2 minced cloves of garlic.
 Use a whole 8 oz container of ricotta cheese. and mix in 1 tsp of dried oregano....
 Now spray the cup cake pan, and open the won ton wrappers!
 Place 1 won ton wrapper in each hole, and I found that using a small cookie scoop worked best to scoop the cheese, and the ground beef mixture, worked best. So layer cheese, beef, then another wont ton wrapper.

 Then again layer on top of the second wont ton wrapper, cheese, then beef mixture...
Pre heat your oven to 375, then sprinkle the tops of the mini lasagnas with mozzarella cheese, and bake for 10 minutes, or untill the cheese is melted!

I made these to feed 4 people, and I was worried 3 wasn't going to be enough for everyone, but we had 3 left over lasagnas, these little things are more filling than you may think.... Also I have to admit, I think I forgot to add salt and pepper to these, so to me at least, they tasted a little bland, but everyone else thought they were great (I wonder if they were just trying to be nice :).....) 

The Recipe..
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
almost 1 pint pizza sauce
3 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
8 oz ricotta cheese
24 won ton wrappers
mozzarella cheese
and SALT and PEPPER! :)

Bake 375 for 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment