Friday, February 10, 2012

Cupcake Fun!

I got this idea from where else, but Pinterest.... It looked super fun and super easy!!! (and it is!!) I guess these are called flower cupcakes.
I used a box cake mix to make the cupcakes, because I tried using a from scratch recipe, and it didnt turn out to good for me.
 While the cupcakes were baking I made the butter cream frosting using 1 stick softened butter, 2 Tbsp milk, and 2-3 cups powdered sugar (depends if you want a stiffer or creamier frosting) I made green frosting to make it look like grass, or green leaves.
                                     
Once you have frosted your cupcakes, get out mini marshmallows, and cut them diagonally, like shown below.... The you dip the cut side of the marshmallow into the colored  sprinkles, then place them on the cupcake, with the round end of the marshmallow sticking onto the frosting.
 Stick the marshmallows around the outside, then make another ring, just inside, then another.....Or whatever design you want... 


 The picture above is a big marshmallow.... To make the cupcakes with bigger petals, cut the marshmallow lengthwise (above) 5 times, and when you cut it, the marshmallow with kind of look like a taco shell, so you dip the "inside of the taco" into the sprinkles, then place them on the cupcake.

On the second Thursday of every month I help out with the Proverbs 31 Training Club, with the young girls at our church, and This month we decided to teach the girls how to do these cupcakes :) Here are some pictures from the evening.....








I think they all had a blast making these, they were simple, cute and FUN! Such a fun and energetic group of girls. I love helping out!!

2 comments:

  1. Chloe that looked like so much fun! And yummy treats ta boot. I can tell you are having a great time being a group leader...does it remind you of GEMS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it does! I think that's why I like it so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete